Rev BJ Friley
SHORT CUT: Use pre-cut vegetables from the produce or salad bar section of the supermarket.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/4 corange juice
1 1/2 Tbspcornstarch
1 lbchicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into strips
3/4 cchicken broth, reduced-sodium
1 1/2 Tbspsoy sauce, reduced-sodium
2 1/2 tspvegetable oil
1 clovegarlic, minced
1 Tbspminced fresh ginger
1 1/2 csnow peas or green beans
1 mediumred bell pepper, cut into thin strips (about 1 cup)
3/4 cgreen onion, sliced
1 cbroccoli, frozen, thawed
1 mediumcarrot, thinly sliced
2 cwhite rice, cooked
How to Make Chicken Stir-Fry
- In a shallow glass bowl, combine orange juice and cornstarch.
- Mix well.
- Stir in chicken.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Drain chicken.
- Discard juice mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine broth and soy sauce.
- Set aside.
- In a wok or large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and ginger.
- Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken.
- Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add vegetables.
- Stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth mixture.
- Place 1/2 cup of rice on each serving plate.
- Top with the chicken mixture, dividing evenly.