Chicken & Spinach Puff Bravo
- 3/4 lb
- velveeta mexican with jalapeno pepper (cubed)
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic salt
- eggs (separated)
- 2 pkg
- 10 oz (each) chopped frozen spinach thawed and well drained
- 3 c
- chopped cooked chicken
- 1/4 c
- chopped red or green pepper
- 1 can(s)
- 4 oz can sliced mushrooms (well drained)
- 2 tube(s)
- 8 oz cans pillsbury refrigerated quick crescent dinner rolls
How to Make Chicken & Spinach Puff Bravo
- 1In a 3-quart saucepan, combine cheese, sour cream and garlic salt; stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
- 2Beat egg yolks thoroughly; reserve 1 tablespoon for glaze.
- 3Gradually stir remaining egg yolks into cheese mixture. Cool.
- 4Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into cheese mixture.
- 5Add remaining ingredients except dough; mix lightly.
- 6Unroll one can dough; press onto bottom and sides of a greased 12 in. oven proof casserole dish, pressing perforations together to seal.
- 7Spread spinach mixture over dough.
- 8Unroll second can dough; separate into eight triangles. Loosely twist each triangle at pointed end. Arrange dough triangles on spinach mixture, pointed ends towards center.
- 9Seal outer edges to crust. Brush dough with reserved egg yolk. Bake at 375, 35 to 40 minutes or until egg mixture is set.
- 10NOTE: I always cook the spinach even though it does not call for it. It is VERY important to drain ALL the water out of the spinach so the dish will cook right and not be runny. I use a saucer to "press" out the water.
- 11Variation: Substitute 2-oz jar of pimento (drained) for red or green pepper.
- 12The recipe and photo are from a Velveeta cook book that is a little over 20 years old.