Chicken & Spinach Puff Bravo
3/4 lbvelveeta mexican with jalapeno pepper (cubed)
1/2 csour cream
1/4 tspgarlic salt
2 pkg10 oz (each) chopped frozen spinach thawed and well drained
3 cchopped cooked chicken
1/4 cchopped red or green pepper
1 can(s)4 oz can sliced mushrooms (well drained)
2 tube(s)8 oz cans pillsbury refrigerated quick crescent dinner rolls
How to Make Chicken & Spinach Puff Bravo
- In a 3-quart saucepan, combine cheese, sour cream and garlic salt; stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Beat egg yolks thoroughly; reserve 1 tablespoon for glaze.
- Gradually stir remaining egg yolks into cheese mixture. Cool.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into cheese mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients except dough; mix lightly.
- Unroll one can dough; press onto bottom and sides of a greased 12 in. oven proof casserole dish, pressing perforations together to seal.
- Spread spinach mixture over dough.
- Unroll second can dough; separate into eight triangles. Loosely twist each triangle at pointed end. Arrange dough triangles on spinach mixture, pointed ends towards center.
- Seal outer edges to crust. Brush dough with reserved egg yolk. Bake at 375, 35 to 40 minutes or until egg mixture is set.
- NOTE: I always cook the spinach even though it does not call for it. It is VERY important to drain ALL the water out of the spinach so the dish will cook right and not be runny. I use a saucer to "press" out the water.
- Variation: Substitute 2-oz jar of pimento (drained) for red or green pepper.
- The recipe and photo are from a Velveeta cook book that is a little over 20 years old.