Chicken Soup with Kale
Now what to put in my soup, well Kale seems to be the veggie of the 2012. Everywhere I look the merits of Kale are being touted, juicing seems to be the biggest buzz word, however, I like to eat my food not simply drink it mashed up. So to keep my soup in the low carb category I opted to add Kale instead of rice or noodles.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 mediumcut up chicken
8 ozfresh kale
6 cwater and/or broth to cover chicken in pot add as needed
·salt and pepper to taste
1 sprig(s)rosemary sprigs (remove before serving)
1 1/2 tspcelery salt
1 pkgknorr's chicken stock
How to Make Chicken Soup with Kale
- Place cut up chicken parts in pot.
- add water and/or broth to cover chicken
- Place on medium heat and bring to boil
- Let chicken and broth simmer for approx 1 hr until cooked.
- Once cooked cover and remove from heat. Let still till cool enough to remove and handle chicken.
- Remove chicken from broth. Place to the side.
- Strain broth and remove floating bits from broth. Return to pot.
- Add Celery Salt, Rosemary, Stock and Salt and Pepper to broth. Return to stove. Simmer on low heat.
- Add Fresh Kale to simmering pot.
- Take chicken and remove bones, skin and other undesirable bits.
- Shred chicken into bite size pieces. Return to broth mix and let simmer a few minutes and enjoy.