Chicken Soup with Kale
Now what to put in my soup, well Kale seems to be the veggie of the 2012. Everywhere I look the merits of Kale are being touted, juicing seems to be the biggest buzz word, however, I like to eat my food not simply drink it mashed up. So to keep my soup in the low carb category I opted to add Kale instead of rice or noodles.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 medium
- cut up chicken
- 8 oz
- fresh kale
- 6 c
- water and/or broth to cover chicken in pot add as needed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sprig(s)
- rosemary sprigs (remove before serving)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- celery salt
- 1 pkg
- knorr's chicken stock
How to Make Chicken Soup with Kale
- 1Place cut up chicken parts in pot.
- 2add water and/or broth to cover chicken
- 3Place on medium heat and bring to boil
- 4Let chicken and broth simmer for approx 1 hr until cooked.
- 5Once cooked cover and remove from heat. Let still till cool enough to remove and handle chicken.
- 6Remove chicken from broth. Place to the side.
- 7Strain broth and remove floating bits from broth. Return to pot.
- 8Add Celery Salt, Rosemary, Stock and Salt and Pepper to broth. Return to stove. Simmer on low heat.
- 9Add Fresh Kale to simmering pot.
- 10Take chicken and remove bones, skin and other undesirable bits.
- 11Shred chicken into bite size pieces. Return to broth mix and let simmer a few minutes and enjoy.