Chicken Scampi with Scampi Butter Sauce
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 c
- scampi butter (recipe below)
- 1 c
- panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/4 c
- heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1 lb
- linguini, cooked al dente or any pasta you prefer (i like angel hair)
How to Make Chicken Scampi with Scampi Butter Sauce
- 1Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness, no more than 1/2" thick. Then melt the scampi butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Press the chicken into the bread crumbs and sauté until lightly browned on both sides, about 6 to 8 minutes.
Slice in strips or keep whole.
Remove the chicken from the skillet and turn the heat to low. Add the heavy cream and lemon juice, stirring to combine, until the mixture thickens slightly.
To serve, arrange sliced chicken breast or a whole breast over linguini and pour the cream sauce over the chicken.
- 2SCAMPI BUTTER:
1/4 pound unsalted butter, softened
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons minced red onion
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Dash white pepper
Dash Worcestershire sauce
1 lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon white wine
- 3In a bowl, whisk all ingredients until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.