Chicken Scaloppine with Mushroom Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 lb
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 Tbsp
- "just a pinch" of salt
- "just a pinch" of pepper
- 3 Tbsp
- 1.5 c
- bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Chicken Scaloppine with Mushroom Sauce
- 1Pound chicken between sheets of waxed paper until thin.
- 2Combine flour, salt and pepper in pie plate.
- 3Beat egg with water in shallow dish; dredge meat in flour mix, dip in egg mixture, and then roll well in breadcrumbs.
- 4IMPORTANT: LET COATED MEAT "REST" FOR AT LEAST 15 MINUTES BEFORE PROCEEDING. THIS WAY THE CRUMBS WON\'T FALL OFF THE CHICKEN.
- 5Heat oil and butter in large skillet over medium high heat.
- 6Add meat in batches and saute until browned, turning once, about 3 to 5 minutes, adding more oil and butter if necessary.
- 7Keep warm and top with creamy mushroom sauce. (See separate recipe)