Chicken Saute with Summer Vegetables1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·salt and pepper
3/4 colive oil
7 lbchicken, frying pieces
1/2 cfresh basil leaves, chopped
How to Make Chicken Saute with Summer Vegetables
- Cut eggplant into approximately 3/4 inch cubes.
- Cut zucchini into thick slices.
- Put eggplant and zucchini in a colander, sprinkle generously with salt and let stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a frying pan over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper, add to pan and brown well on both sides; add more oil as needed.
- Return all chicken to the pan, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook until almost done about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile slice the onions, cut the peppers into squares, mince the garlic and chop the tomatoes.
- Pat the eggplant and zucchini dry.
- In a dutch oven heat 2 tablespoons oil over high heat and add half of the eggplant.
- Cook stirring until browned and softened, about 5 minutes; remove and repeat with remaining eggplant adding more oil as needed.
- In the same skillet brown the zucchini, about 5 minutes.
- Add to the cooked eggplant.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan, reduce the heat to low and saute the onions, red and green peppers.
- Cover and cook until softened about 15 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, eggplant, zucchini; cover and simmer for 1 hour until very soft.
- Add chicken and simmer until heated through about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot spinkled with fresh chopped basil.