Chicken Saute with Summer Vegetables1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 c
- olive oil
- 7 lb
- chicken, frying pieces
- red peppers
- green peppers
- garlic cloves
- 2 lb
- 1/2 c
- fresh basil leaves, chopped
How to Make Chicken Saute with Summer Vegetables
- 1Cut eggplant into approximately 3/4 inch cubes.
- 2Cut zucchini into thick slices.
- 3Put eggplant and zucchini in a colander, sprinkle generously with salt and let stand 30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a frying pan over medium high heat.
- 5Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper, add to pan and brown well on both sides; add more oil as needed.
- 6Return all chicken to the pan, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook until almost done about 20 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile slice the onions, cut the peppers into squares, mince the garlic and chop the tomatoes.
- 8Pat the eggplant and zucchini dry.
- 9In a dutch oven heat 2 tablespoons oil over high heat and add half of the eggplant.
- 10Cook stirring until browned and softened, about 5 minutes; remove and repeat with remaining eggplant adding more oil as needed.
- 11In the same skillet brown the zucchini, about 5 minutes.
- 12Add to the cooked eggplant.
- 13Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan, reduce the heat to low and saute the onions, red and green peppers.
- 14Cover and cook until softened about 15 minutes.
- 15Stir in garlic, eggplant, zucchini; cover and simmer for 1 hour until very soft.
- 16Add chicken and simmer until heated through about 30 minutes.
- 17Serve hot spinkled with fresh chopped basil.