Chicken Rolls ( in the crock pot )
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- 6 slice
- swiss cheese
- 6 slice
- canadian bacon or thinly sliced ham
- tooth picks
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/3 c
- parmesan cheese
- 3/4 c
- milk or butter milk for dipping
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- sage ; or to preference
- 10-3/4oz can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 c
- chicken broth
How to Make Chicken Rolls ( in the crock pot )
- 1Pound each chicken breasts to 1/4" thickness.
- 2Place 1 slice cheese and 1 slice meat on each and roll up ; tucking in the ends and sealing with tooth picks to keep together.
- 3Mix flour , parmesan cheese together in a pie plate.
- 4Pour buttermilk/milk in another pie plate and mix spices with the milk.
- 5Dredge rolled chicken in the milk mixture and then the flour and cheese mixture ; making sure all areas are coated well.
- 6Brown all sides in skillet with a small amount of oil.
- 7Transfer browned chicken rolls in a crock pot.
- 8Mix soup and broth together and pour over browned chicken rolls.
- 9Cover and cook on low for 3 hours or on high for 1 hour.