By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- chopped green onion
- garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp
- butter, softened
- 2.5 c
- frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tsp
- dill weed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c
- crumbled feta cheese
- phyllo pastry sheets
- 1 c
- butter, melted
How to Make Chicken Rockefeller
- 1Lightly pound out each chicken breast with meat mallet.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Saute green onions and garlic in the teaspoon of butter until onions are tender.
- 4Add drained spinach, dill, salt and pepper.
- 5Cook until mixture is thoroughly heated.
- 6Add crumbled feta cheese.
- 7Divide into four equal parts.
- 8Place this mixture in the center of each chicken breast and roll up.
- 9Place on greased pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 10Butter each sheet of filo on one side with melted butter; place on top of each other, making four stacks, each four sheets high.
- 11Place each cooked and stuffed chicken breast in the middle of the lower end of one stack.
- 12Fold over sides and roll up.
- 13Brush with melted butter.
- 14Place on greased pan and bake at 375 degrees until golden brown.