Chicken & Rice Sin Bake
1whole cut up chicken + extra pieces if you wish ' i like to add a couple of extra legs and a couple of extra thighs
8smoked or peppered bacon pieces cut up into medium squares
·small bag of long grain uncooked rice
1/4 cchopped bell pepper
1/4 cchopped onion "optional"
1/4 cchopped celery
1/4 cchopped fresh jalapenos "optional"
2 1/2 -3whole garlic cloves minced
·salt and pepper to taste
·poultry spice rub
3 Tbspchicken boullon "added to small pitcher of hot water to dissolve, or you can add a 32 oz box of swanson chicken broth instead
·dash of cinnamon, ground
How to Make Chicken & Rice Sin Bake
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Rinse and pat dry all chicken pieces, add poultry rub spice to the chicken pieces then flour the seasoned chicken pieces and shake off excess. Set aside on plate.
- Fry bacon pieces approx 1 minute
Add chopped onions, jalapeno's,celery and bell pepper.
Saute on medium heat approximately 1 minutes. Add minced garlic to mixture and saute for approx one more minute.
Remove bacon pieces and vegetables from oil and set aside in a bowl.
- Add Rice to bacon grease used for cooking vegetables and cook just until lightly browned. Add browned rice to the roasting pan and set aside.
- Pour dissolved chicken bouillon with hot water over rice mixture in roasting pan OR The Swanson Chicken Broth
“Pour just enough to cover rice.”
- Meanwhile heat a separate cooking pan with oil and fry chicken pieces in a covered pan just until lightly browned. Do Not Over Fry As It Will Cook More When Baked.
- Drain Chicken pieces on a plate topped with paper towels as you keep frying pieces. Add lightly cooked chicken on top of rice in roasting pan and sprinkle with ground cinnamon over all the chicken and rice dish.
Cover with foil and bake at 400 * for approximately one hour
- Serve with bacon flavored spinach and potato clover rolls.