- 2 lb
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- 1 bottle
- 16oz.-thousand island dressing
- 1 28 oz can(s)
- 3/4 lb
- swiss cheese sliced or shredded
- couple pinch
- caraway seeds
- to taste
- salt,pepper,garlic powder,onion powder-on chicken and garlicpowder and onion powder ontop to taste preference
How to Make Chicken Reuban Casserole ala Henry.
- 1Sprinkle salt,pepper,onion powder,garlic powder on chicken breasts.Brown in skillet,remove and place in a buttered casserole dish.
- 2In same pan that was used for chicken,add the sauerkraut and caraway seeds,lightly brown.Place this in casserole over the chicken.Pour the bottle of Thousand island dressing over the chicken and kraut.Then put the swiss cheese as the last layer,sprinkle with onion and garlic powder to taste.
- 3Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 min. uncover and bake additional 10-15 minute or til very lightly browned.Let rest for at least 10 minutes,then serve with a salad on the side.