Chicken, Provolone and Spinach Roll-up
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 large
- large boneless chicken breast, halved and flattened
- 1 slice
- provolone cheese
- 1 c
- baby spinach leaves
- 3/4 c
- panko breadcrumbs (approx)
- 1 large
- 1/2 c
- canola oil (approx)
- salt and pepper to taste (i prefer garlic salt)
How to Make Chicken, Provolone and Spinach Roll-up
- 1Pound the chicken breast (between two sheets of plastic wrap) and flatten to @ ¼ inch thick. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken.
- 2On top of the chicken, place the cheese and then the spinach. Roll the chicken up tightly and use 1 or 2 toothpicks to secure.
- 3Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. While oil is heating, prepare the chicken by rolling it in the beaten egg, then roll it in the breadcrumbs until completely covered.
- 4Place the chicken in the hot oil, cover and cook on one side for 13 to 14 minutes. Turn the chicken, cover and cook another 13 to 14 minutes or until it is done and light golden brown (165 F internal temp).
- 5NOTE: To make this a little healthier, this could be baked. Simply place some aluminum foil in a shallow dish (ex: pie pan); spray foil with non-stick spray, place the chicken in the pan and lightly spray the chicken with the non-stick spray and bake at 375 F for 30 to 35 minutes, turning after 15 minutes and cooking until light golden brown or internal temp is 165F.
- 6Serve with your choice if side dish, salad and hot bread.