·chicken depends on size of pot. i generally throw in 3 leg quarters or the equivalent
1 can(s)green beans,(i like french cut)
1 can(s)potatoes,now if you have time you can just cut up and put in fresh
1 pkgpot pie squares
1 boxbisquick or jiffy mix
1 bottleapple cider vinegar
How to Make Chicken PotPie
- Put chicken,peas,corn,green beans and potatoes in crock pot fill with water. leave room for pot pie dough and dumplings on top.(means don't overfill it)
- Turn on auto-shift and let cook until chicken is done.
If you don't have auto shift or it isn't working just put on high for half an hour to an hour.Then turn down on low for rest of time.
- It may be done sooner,I just am always to busy to keep checking. Plus, it doesn't hurt to just let it cook till your ready.
- You can use fresh veggies if available and add carrots etc.
- The main thing is making sure your chicken is done.
If I am out for the day I check when I get home.
- Just remove the chicken from the pot and remove the bones and cut in pieces, then return to pot.You can use any type of chicken,boneless,legs,thighs,breasts,just watch for small bones.
- Return chicken to crock pot and add pot pie dough. Stir occasionally if necessary to keep pot pie from sticking together too much.
- while pot pie dough is cooking make dumplings from bisquick or jiffy mix,recipe is on box.Put on top of soup by spoonfuls and cover. When they are done you are ready to eat.
- Spoon into bowls,top with dumpling and enjoy.
- The vinegar is added to taste.
Trust me, it is delicious. When I first saw someone putting apple cider vinegar on this I said yuck. But then they got me to try it and now I won't eat it any other way.
- Just be careful, it's hot.
- P.S. Try to make as much as you can because it won't last long if you don't and you will Want left-overs.:-)
- P.P.S. If you don't have a crock pot you can make this on the stove.