Chicken Potpie (New England Style)
- 2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- egg, beaten
- 1/4 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 4 Tbsp
- whole chicken, cut into pieces
- potatoes, peeled and cubed
- onion, cleaned and chopped
- ribs celery, washed and sliced
- carrots, peeled and sliced
- handful fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- chicken bouillon cubes, optional
How to Make Chicken Potpie (New England Style)
- 1NOODLES: Place flour into a bowl. Add egg, salt, baking powder, and water to flour and mix. Makes stiff dough.
- 2Roll dough out onto a floured board very thin. Cut into squares. Allow squares to dry for an hour or so.
- 3In a small stockpot, cover cut up chicken with cold water, salt and pepper, and bring to boil.
- 4Cook chicken completely and remove from broth; reserving broth. De- bone chicken and set meat aside.
- 5To the stockpot of broth add all veggies and cook until tender, (can add optional bouillon cubes, if desired)
- 6Add dried homemade noodles to lightly boiling broth, pushing down into broth. Cook until noodle cooked completely done. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve.