Chicken Potpie (New England Style)
1/4 Tbspbaking powder
1whole chicken, cut into pieces
3potatoes, peeled and cubed
1onion, cleaned and chopped
2ribs celery, washed and sliced
4carrots, peeled and sliced
·handful fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
2chicken bouillon cubes, optional
How to Make Chicken Potpie (New England Style)
- NOODLES: Place flour into a bowl. Add egg, salt, baking powder, and water to flour and mix. Makes stiff dough.
- Roll dough out onto a floured board very thin. Cut into squares. Allow squares to dry for an hour or so.
- In a small stockpot, cover cut up chicken with cold water, salt and pepper, and bring to boil.
- Cook chicken completely and remove from broth; reserving broth. De- bone chicken and set meat aside.
- To the stockpot of broth add all veggies and cook until tender, (can add optional bouillon cubes, if desired)
- Add dried homemade noodles to lightly boiling broth, pushing down into broth. Cook until noodle cooked completely done. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve.