Chicken Pot Pie - Cass's
You can replace the chicken with turkey, whichever you prefer.
- 2 1/2 - 3 c
- cooked chicken or turkey, cut into chunks
- 2 medium
- carrots, sliced
- 1 large
- potato, cubed
- 1 c
- corn, canned or frozen,( thawed)
- 1/2 c
- peas, i use frozen and thawed
- 1/3 c
- onion, chopped
- 2/3 c
- 2/3 c
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- 3 1/2 c
- chicken broth
- 1 1/3 c
- pie crusts, home made, or store bought
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie - Cass's
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degree F.
- 2Boil carrots and potatoes until almost soft, drain and set aside.
Melt the butter in a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, stir in flour, onion, salt and pepper. Cook stirring constantly until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat.
Stir in broth and milk, heat to boiling; stirring constantly for 1 - 2 minutes. Stir in the meat and vegetables. Remove from heat.
- 3Line an ungreased pie pan with bottom pie crust. Pour the chicken mixture into pasty lined pan. Place remaining pie crust on top and flute the edges.
Brush the crust with mixed egg or melted butter.
Cut slits in the top of the crust to vent.
- 4Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until golden brown.