Chicken Pot Pie By Grandma1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie By Grandma
- Choose an assortment of vegetables: carrots, onions, celery, broccoli, green beans, peas, etc.
- Cook vegetables until tender and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil; add flour.
- Stir constantly for two minutes.
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in hot water and add with milk to oil and flour mixture.
- Add seasonings; cook until thick.
- Stir in meat and vegetables.
- In a 9-inch pie plate, spoon in filling mixture and top with one of:
- ~ Crispy Croutons: butter both sides of 4 slices of bread.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and parmesan cheese; cube.
- ~ Fresh Biscuits; prepare biscuits using a biscuit mix and arrange on pie.
- ~ Traditional Pie Crust - Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes until filling is bubbly and crust is golden.
- If topping gets too brown, cover with aluminum foil.