Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 pkg
- pie crust mix, and any ingredients necessary to make it, or
- 1 box
- refrigerated pie crusts (for top and bottom)
- 1 - 1-1/2 lb
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup (10-3/4 oz?)
- 1 can(s)
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- seasoning salt
- 1-1/2 c
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie
- 1Place enough water in a saucepan to boil the chicken. Once the water starts to boil, place chicken in the water and allow to boil for a few minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Pull from the water and allow to cool for a bit.
- 2While the chicken is cooking, prepare pie crust mix according to directions. Divide out 1/2 of the dough and roll out for the bottom. If using pre-made pie crusts, allow to soften. Prepare pie pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray, then place a crust in the bottom, gently forming to the pan's inside contours.
- 3Cube the chicken into bite-size bits. Mix chicken, soup, vegetables, milk, and seasoning salt. Add to pie crust. Layer the cheese on top.
- 4Roll out the rest of the pie crust and lay it on top. Pinch edges together. Put slits in the top (I like to make a smiley face).
- 5Bake in a pre-heated, 400*F oven for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.