Chicken pot pie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2-3 cchicken: cooked and cut into bite size pieces
1-2 conions: diced
1 ccelery: chopped
1-2 cfrozen or fresh peas + carrots
1 pkggreen giant frozen peas with butter sauce
2-3 cchicken broth
1 call purpose flour
1-2 Tbspadobe seasoning
1-2 tspthyme, dried
1 pkgrefrigerated pie crust (i like immaculate)
How to Make Chicken pot pie
- If buying uncooked chicken I cut into bite size pieces then suate in butter and season with salt, pepper and Adobe.
To save time on a busy day, I use the cooked chicken from my local grocery store for a meal then use the leftovers for the pie.
- If using cooked chicken: Set aside the cooked chicken and cut and suate celery,onion and fresh veggies until tender in butter and Adobe. If using frozen veggies add now with the cooked chicken and thyme. cook for few minutes to thaw veggies and heat through.
- Add flour then chicken broth to make sauce. Cook this until thick and bubbly then pour into 9" pie plate. Cover with pie crust and cut several slits in top. If prefered brush top with melted butter or beaten egg.
- I did not use potatoes for this recipe but you could add 1-2 diced fresh or 1 can diced whole potatoes in this recipe, but beware the liquid amount may need adjusting.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on oven.