Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 Tbsp
- celery ribs
- 3-4 Tbsp
- fresh parsley
- 2 clove
- minced garlic
- 1/3 c
- 1/3 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 3/4 c
- chicken stock
- 1/2 c
- ready made pie crusts
- 2 1/2 c
- cut up rotisserie chicken or your own chicken. you may also use turkey.
- 2 c
- thawed frozen mixed vegetables
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Place one pie crust in dish.
- 3In large skillet, on low heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add garlic, celery and parsley. Cook until tender. Shut off heat.
- 4In 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, melt 1/3 cup butter. Add flour and whisk until combined. Add chicken stock and milk and whisk until bubbly and thickened.
- 5Add 2 1/2 cups cut up chicken and mixed vegetables.
- 6Add chicken mixture to the celery mixture and stir until combined. S;read chicken and veggie mixture in pie crust.
- 7Cover with top crust and pierce with fork in several places. Brush with egg.
- 8Bake for about 30 minutes. Remove and cover edges of crust with tin foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Let cool five minutes before slicing.