How to Make Chicken pot pie
- Cook chicken in boiling water to cover, for 45 minutes or until tender. drain, reserving broth. Bone chicken and cut into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Bring broth to a boil, add frozen vegetables and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain Vegetables, reserving 1 quart of broth. Set both aside.
- Put one pie crust in pie plate, fit to bottom and around sides. Trim edges.
- Melt butter in large heavy sauce pan over low heat add 1/2 cup of flour stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add chicken broth, cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick. stir in salt, pepper, Chicken and vegetables; poor into pastry lined dish.
- Place remaing pie crust on top and fold edges under and flute. Cut several slits in top to allow steam to escape. Brush with melted butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees