Chicken Posole (Pozole)
- whole chicken breasts, skinned if desired
- 1 large
- onion, cut into chunks
- 32 oz
- white hominy, drained
- new mexico chilies (or as desired)
- 10 clove
- 1 Tbsp
- mexican oregano
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- chopped onion, chopped cilantro, lemon wedge
How to Make Chicken Posole (Pozole)
- 1Put chicken and chunked onion in large stockpot. 2 Cover with water, bring to a boil, then simmer until chicken falls apart (2-3 hours).
- 2Cool; remove skin and bones, and cut or shred chicken. Add back to broth in stockpot.
- 3Add hominy to stockpot and keep at a low simmer.
Fill a saucepan with water 1/2 full.
- 4Remove stems and seeds from dried chilies. Add chilies and garlic cloves to saucepan, along with oregano. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5Boil for 15 minutes. Let cool! Blend chilies and garlic in blender or food processor until it is all liquid.
- 6Add blended chilies to chicken in stockpot. Stir and boil 10 minutes together.
- 7Ladle into bowls and top with chopped raw onion, cilantro and fresh squeezed lemon.