- 3-4 oz
- cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 2 c
- chicken, cooked and cut up, left overs works great
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- green onion, whites and green parts sliced
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 pkg
- refrigerated crescent rolls or
- rhodes rolls or other frozen roll dough thawed, or
- fresh yeast dough of your choice
How to Make Chicken Pockets
- 1If using packaged crescents rolls, form squares with 2 pieces by pinching together one long edge. May also use your own fresh roll dough or other favorite frozen roll dough, thawed. Just roll them out thin.
- 2Mix together Cream Cheese Chicken, Milk, Salt, Pepper, Garlic, and green onion/chives slices, leaving the chicken in small chunks, and the cream cheese as well.
- 3Divide mixture between the 4 prepared roll squares. Pinch together the edges forming a pocket. If using frozen yeast dough, pockets will be more round, instead of the square-ish shape of the crescent rolls. Place on a baking sheet, I line with Parchment, Brush with melted Butter.
- 5These can be pre-prepared and frozen. After you have mixed the filling, and filled the pockets, place on a parchment paper square, brush with melted butter, gently fold paper around pocket, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze. To bake these from FROZEN, place in a covered shallow casserole dish and bake in a 350 oven, covered for 40-45 minutes, then uncovered for 20-25 minutes more, brush with butter when you take the lid off.
Serve with cranberry sauce.