- 1 1/2 lb
- boneless, skinless chicken thighes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 slice
- 3 c
- fresh pineapple chunks (1 inch cubes)
- 1/3 c
- hickory-smoked barbecue sauce
- 1/3 c
- pineapple preserves
- white rice
How to Make CHICKEN-PINEAPPLE KABOBS
- 1Soak eight short bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes (or use four long metal skewers). Place chicken on microwave-safe plate and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes stirring once halfway through cooking time. Cut bacon crosswise into 2-inch long pieces. Thread skewers with chicken, folded bacon, and pineapple chunks, leaving a 1/4-inch space between pieces.
- 2Heat grill to medium-high for gas, or prepare charcoal grill with medium-hot coals. Place skewers on grill and cook for 6 minutes; turn and grill for 6 minutes longer.
- 3Meanwhile, in small microwave-safe bowl, stir together barbecue sauce and pineappple preserves; microwave on HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes or until warm. Microwave cooked rice following package directions.
- 4Remove skewers from grill. Brush with warm barbecue sauce mixture. Serve with hot rice and remaining barbecue sauce mixture on the side. Enjoy!