★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 medium
- whole chicken, thawed, or left over from sunday dinner
- 1 pkg
- frozen mixed vegetables, peas, corn, carrots etc.
- 1/2 medium
- onion, chopped
- 4 large
- potatoes, washed & diced
- 1 box
- pie crust mix
- 2 box
- stuffing mix, chicken
- 1/2 c
- seasonings, salt, pepper, garlic, etc
How to Make Chicken Pie
- 1Use roast chicken, removed from bones,
Boil vegetables in broth from chicken until soft. Boil potatoes with chopped onions till soft.
Prepare stuffing as directed on box. Pat into a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish. Prepare pie crust as directed on box. Remove veggies from pot with slotted spoon. Drain potatoes & onions, Place vegetables & onions on top of stuffing in pan.
Place large chunks of chicken on top the vegetables. Reserve 3 cups of broth to a medium saucepan. Add 1/2 cup milk and seasoning to taste. Bring to boil, thicken with flour
- 2Pour gravy over the casserole, top with pie crust, trimming to fit pan.
Bake at 400 F until crust is browned, and casserole is bubbly. Serve with extra gravy.