Chicken Piccata Romano
4 largeboneless, skinless chicken thighs (1 1/2 pounds meat)
2 Tbspgrated romano cheese
1/3 call purpose or spelt flour
·salt and pepper to taste
4 Tbspcoconut oil
4 Tbspgoat butter
1/2 cchicken stock or dry white wine
3 Tbsplime juice
1/4 cbrined capers
1/4 cchopped fresh parsley
How to Make Chicken Piccata Romano
- Clean off any excess fat from the thighs and discard. Put one of the breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound it about 1/4" thick being gentle, don't tear the meat on the edges.
- In a shallow dish mix the flour, salt, pepper and cheese together.
- Get a good non-stick saute pan and heat up the coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of goat butter on medium. Don't burn it. Rinse the chicken in water and pat dry a little.
- Dredge each piece of flattened chicken breast in the cheese, flour,salt and pepper mixture.
- Cook each chicken thigh one at a time. About 3 minutes per side. You want them to be nice and golden brown.
- Remove each chicken piece to a plate and keep warm by covering with tin foil. This will take about 25 minutes.
- In the same pan you used to cook the chicken, add the chicken stock or wine, lime juice and capers, heat on low and remove the brown bits from the pan. Whisk in the two remaining tablespoons of butter.
- Serve warm with the caper sauce and a sprinkle of parsley.