- 8 to 10 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups flour seasoned with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil or clarified butter
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 1/2 tablespoon water
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
How to Make Chicken piccata
- 1put the chicken in seasoned flour in a large locking plastic bag. Seal the bag well and shake until the chicken is well coated.
- 2In a large skillet, heat the oil or butter over medium-high heat. Carefully place the chicken into the hot oil and cook until browned on both sides.
- 3Add the onions and mushrooms and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until the mushrooms are tender. Add the capers, lemon juice, lemon pepper, sugar, wine and cornstarch mixture and cook until chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thickened. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serves 8 to 10.