Chicken Pesto Tart
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- loaf frozen whole wheat bread dough
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 lb
- uncooked chicken breast strips
- 2 c
- bell pepper strips, mixed colors
- 1 medium
- sweet onion, sliced
- 1/4 c
- prepared pesto
- 1 1/2 c
- provolone cheese , shredded
How to Make Chicken Pesto Tart
- 1Roll or hand stretch 1/2 of package of bread dough to fit a 9 inch pie plate. You may use the second half of the dough to make a second crust and freeze it for later use.
In skillet, heat oil until sizzling; add chicken. Cook over medium-high heat, turning once until chicken is browned, about 6 to 8 minutes.
Add peppers and onions; continue cooking until slightly tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in pesto.
- 2Distribute mixture over bread dough; top with cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Let stand 5 minutes before serving.