Chicken Penne Pasta
2 cred wine, dry burgundy
4 clovegarlic - minced
1 mediumonion - diced
2 jar(s)plain spaghetti sauce
1 boxpenne pasta
2 Tbspolive oil or vegetable oil
2 cmushrooms - you can use less if you desire
2 Tbspitalian seasoning
3 Tbspparsley - chopped
How to Make Chicken Penne Pasta
- Strip chicken of skin. And cut up into pieces.
- Put chicken into skillet, pour in wine and cover with lid. Cook over med heat. While chicken is poaching prepare sauce.
- Melt butter with oil in a good sized pot. Add minced garlic and chopped onions and saute.
- Add sauce, Italian seasoning and mushrooms and simmer.
- Once chicken is finished (no longer pink at the bone), strip meat from bones and shred. Add to sauce and continue to simmer.
- Cook pasta according to package directions - al dente. Drain and add to sauce.
- Add whatever wine is left from poaching. While having a glass of wine let simmer another 10 - 15 minutes
- Place into serving bowl and sprinkle cheese and chopped parsley over the top. Put a bowl of the cheese on the table so your family/guests can add more.