Chicken Penne Pasta Bake
You can really use as much cheese as you like, or even leave out the can tomatoes if you don't happen to have any on hand.
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 pkg
- baby spinach
- 1 lb
- chicken cut in bite size pieces
- 1 Tbsp
- dried basil leaves (i use more)
- 1 jar(s)
- spaghetti sauce
- 1 can(s)
- diced tomatoes, drained (can leave out if you want)
- 2 oz
- cream cheese
- 1 c
- mozzarella, shredded
How to Make Chicken Penne Pasta Bake
- 1Heat oven to 375. Cook pasta, adding spinach last one minute.
- 2Cook chicken and basil in large skillet with a little bit of EVOO. Add cream cheese; stir to melt.
- 3Add Spaghetti sauce and can tomatoes. Simmer several minutes.
- 4Drain pasta and return to the pan with the chicken and sauce. Toss with 1/2 cup mozzrella and spoon into a 2-3 qt. covered baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- 5Remove from oven, and sprinklie with more cheese if desired. Put back in oven for 5-7 minutes.