Chicken Penne Pasta Bake
You can really use as much cheese as you like, or even leave out the can tomatoes if you don't happen to have any on hand.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 cpasta
1 pkgbaby spinach
1 lbchicken cut in bite size pieces
1 Tbspdried basil leaves (i use more)
1 jar(s)spaghetti sauce
1 can(s)diced tomatoes, drained (can leave out if you want)
2 ozcream cheese
1 cmozzarella, shredded
How to Make Chicken Penne Pasta Bake
- Heat oven to 375. Cook pasta, adding spinach last one minute.
- Cook chicken and basil in large skillet with a little bit of EVOO. Add cream cheese; stir to melt.
- Add Spaghetti sauce and can tomatoes. Simmer several minutes.
- Drain pasta and return to the pan with the chicken and sauce. Toss with 1/2 cup mozzrella and spoon into a 2-3 qt. covered baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and sprinklie with more cheese if desired. Put back in oven for 5-7 minutes.