★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 cwhite wine, dry
4chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
3 Tbspbasil leaves, cut into thin ribbons
2 Tbsplemon juice
4 ozrigatoni pasta, uncooked
1 Tbspolive oil
1red pepper, julienned
How to Make Chicken Pasta Italiana
- Bring water to a boil in medium sauce pan.
- Add wine, chicken and garlic.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken and garlic from broth, reserving broth.
- Let chicken cool.
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch pieces and set aside.
- Crush garlic in a small bowl, add basil, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Bring reserved broth to a boil.
- Add pasta.
- Cook 12 minutes or until al dente.
- Rinse under cold water.
- Toss pasta with olive oil.
- Combine reserved garlic-lemon mixture, chicken, pasta, bell peppers and olives in a large bowl.
- Toss gently.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto lettuce lined plates.