Chicken Parmigiana (Parmesan)
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless(can buy the thin sliced or pound it thin.
- salt and pepper to season chicken
- 1 1/2 c
- flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- eggs, beaten
- 2 c
- bread crumbs, seasoned
- 1/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pkg
- shredded mozzarella (8oz)
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped basil or parsley for garnish
- 1 c
- cooking oil (any type)
- 1 jar(s)
- marinara sauce, any type (45 oz)
How to Make Chicken Parmigiana (Parmesan)
- 1If your cutlets are really thick it will take too long to cook so I like to pound them thin between two pieces of clear wrap or place them in a plastic bag and pound with a food mallet.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
Set up your workstation with bread crumbs, flour and egg.Dip each cutlet in flour, egg, then bread crumbs.
- 2Once they are all ready, Fry in a fry pan with heated cooking oil until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side.If you have a big frypan you can do them in two batches. If you have a smaller fry pan, don't use all the oil as it may be too much.
- 3Transfer to a long baking pan lined with about a cup of tomato sauce. Top each cutlet with some tomato sauce, parmesan cheese and mozzarella.Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 7-10 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from the oven and sprinkle some basil or parsley.