Chicken Parmesan Stromboli
- 1 lb
- boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 2 tsp
- olive or vegetable oil
- 2 c
- shredded mozzarella cheese (about 8oz.)
- 1 jar(s)
- (28oz.) ragu chunky garden style pasta sauce, divided
- 2 Tbsp
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lb
- fresh or thawed frozen bread dough
How to Make Chicken Parmesan Stromboli
- 1Preheat oven to 400. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and brown chicken. Remove chicken from skillet and let cool; pull into large shreds.
- 2In medium bowl, combine chicken, mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup ragu chunky gardenstyle pasta sauce, parmesan cheese and parsley; set aside.
- 3On greased jelly-roll pan, press dough to form 12x10 rectangle. Arrange chicken mixture down center of dough. Cover filling, bringing one long side into center, then overlap with the other long side; pinch seam to seal. Fold in ends and pinch to seal.
- 4Arrange on pan, seam side down. Gently press in sides to form 12x4 inch loaf. Bake 35 minutes or until dough is cooked and golden. Cut stromboli into slices. Heat the remaining pasta sauce and serve with stromboli. Makes 6 servings.