Chicken Parmesan Croquettes
When I was a kid, I really didn't like Chicken Croquettes, but my Mom bought them frozen from the grocery store. There's a HUGE difference when they're home made! Yum!
2 Tbspparmesan cheese
1 Tbspgarlic powder
2 ccooked chicken, diced small or shredded
1 1/2 citalian bread crumbs
·chicken gravy (to top the croquettes with)
How to Make Chicken Parmesan Croquettes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add 3 tablespoons flour, stirring until smooth.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth & thickened.
- Stir in salt and pepper, garlic, Parmesan & parsley. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, Mix Parmesan sauce with mayonnaise and chicken. Stir well to combine.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Shape chicken mixture into 6 balls. Roll balls in bread crumbs. (I used an ice cream scoop to make mounds of chicken mix, set it in the crumbs and gently pressed crumbs all over them.) Then place them on the baking sheet. They're better if they're not perfectly rounded, but left a little chunky. :)
- Bake at 375 for 30 mins, or until golden brown. Serve topped with chicken gravy.