★★★★★ 1 vote5
6chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
1 citalian style bread crumbs
1/2 cparmesan cheese, reserve 1/4 cup
1 tspparsley flakes
26 ozspaghetti sauce, meatless
2 cmozzarella cheese, shredded
1 boxlinguine pasta
How to Make Chicken Parmesan
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Whisk eggs. Mix together the bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese and parsley. Dip chicken breasts in beaten egg, then the bread crumb mixture and place in pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a 400* oven. Make sure the internal temperature of the chicken breasts is 165*.
- Meanwhile bring large pot of water to boil.
- When water comes to a rolling boil add a few pinches of salt and linguini. Cook according to directions. Drain well.
- Remove chicken from oven and pour 2 cups of the sauce over the chicken, sprinkle the mozzerella and the reserved parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake another 15 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and cheeses are melted.
- Mix remaining sauce over linguini and warm a bit on top of stove, plate linguini in a large pasta bowl.
- Place chicken on top of linguini. You can add some more freshly grated parmesan to your pasta.
- Serve with a crusty bread, crisp salad and nice bottle of red wine ;-)