★★★★★ 1 vote5
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- eggs, whisked
- 1 c
- italian style bread crumbs
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese, reserve 1/4 cup
- 1 tsp
- parsley flakes
- 26 oz
- spaghetti sauce, meatless
- 2 c
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 box
- linguine pasta
How to Make Chicken Parmesan
- 1Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- 2Whisk eggs. Mix together the bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese and parsley. Dip chicken breasts in beaten egg, then the bread crumb mixture and place in pan.
- 3Bake for 30 minutes in a 400* oven. Make sure the internal temperature of the chicken breasts is 165*.
- 4Meanwhile bring large pot of water to boil.
- 5When water comes to a rolling boil add a few pinches of salt and linguini. Cook according to directions. Drain well.
- 6Remove chicken from oven and pour 2 cups of the sauce over the chicken, sprinkle the mozzerella and the reserved parmesan cheese on top.
- 7Bake another 15 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and cheeses are melted.
- 8Mix remaining sauce over linguini and warm a bit on top of stove, plate linguini in a large pasta bowl.
- 9Place chicken on top of linguini. You can add some more freshly grated parmesan to your pasta.
- 10Serve with a crusty bread, crisp salad and nice bottle of red wine ;-)