★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/4 c
- seasoned bread crumbs
- skinless , boneless chicken breasts (about 6 lbs each)
- 1/4 c
- butter (about a half stick)
- 1 1/2 c
- prepared pasta sauce with mushrooms
- 1/2 c
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh pursley, plus extra to garnish
- 1 Tbsp
- grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Chicken Parmesan
- 1Place the egg in a shallow bowl and beat lightly. Spread the bread crumbs on a plate. Dip each chicken breast in the beatin egg, then in the bread crumbs.
- 2Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the breaded chicken and fry until browned, about 3 minutes on each side.
- 3Spoon the pasta sauce over the chicken. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for about 10 minutes
- 4Sprinkle the chicken with mozzarella, parsley, and parmesan. Cook until the mozzarella is melted and the chicken is cooked through about 5 minutes longer. Garnish with remaining parsley and serve hot.