2 lbboneless, skinless chicken breasts and thighs
1 mediumonion, chopped
1 cchicken broth
1/2 cwhite wine
3 Tbsphungarian sweet paprika
1 tspblack pepper
2 Tbspflour, as needed for coating chicken
1 csour cream
How to Make Chicken Paprikas
- Chop chicken into 1" pieces and dry and dust lightly with flour.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat until it is hot.
- Melt 1/4 C butter. Add chicken, paprika, salt and pepper, and saute until the chicken is lightly browned. Remove chicken from pan and tent chicken in the pan.
- Add remaining 1 T butter to pan and saute onions until they are translucent.
- Return chicken to pan. Add chicken broth, wine, and gently simmer over low heat until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan and tent loosely with foil
- Stir 2 T of flour into the pan and boil until the sauce has thickened to your taste.
- Add sour cream and return chicken to the pan and coat with the sauce.
- Serve with spaetzle or egg noodles.