- chicken thighs with legs
- vidalia onion sliced
- 2 tsp
- of minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp
- or more of paprika ( i use hungarian )
- 1- 1/2 cups of sour cream
- salt and pepper
- corn starch and water to thicken
- salt and pepper to taste...i would taste after youve added the sourcream...
How to Make Chicken Paprika
- 1Add just a little oil to a big pot and throw in your onions and garlic. cook for about 3 mins.
- 2next take your chicken and and place on top of the onions. Sprinkle half of the paprika on one side and then half on the other.
- 3Cook till chicken starts to turn color.
- 4Next pour enough water to cover the chicken by at least an inch.
- 5Bring to a boil then cover and cook on medium for about an hour until the meat is starting to come off the bones.
- 6Take chicken out and remove meat from the bone. Separate into bite size pieces and throw back in the pot.
- 7Add sour cream and stir till its blended. Add your cornstarch/water to thicken. Or any other type of thickener you would use. Taste to see if you have to add more salt. I usually do.
- 8Serve over noodles.Egg noodles or any other kind that is your favorite.
- 9I adjusted the recipe because I forgot to add salt and pepper...you are going to want to add more pepper and salt than you normally would...add it when you put the paprika on the chicken..then taste the sauce after you have added the sourcream.