Blue Ribbon Recipe
This dish is perfectly creamy (thanks to the soups) and the salsa gives it a very nice zip. We used a Mexican cheese blend and a medium heat salsa... and were so pleased with the results.
It's worth noting that cooking for an hour does cause quite a bit of browning. This made the cheese taste wonderful, but did affect the dish's presentation. We made it again for the picture and that time added the cheese when there was only 15 minutes of bake-time left. Worked wonderfully! The Test Kitchen
5chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1 mediumonion, diced
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
1 can(s)7 oz red chili salsa
1dozen corn tortillas, cut into 1" strips
3 cgrated cheddar cheese
How to Make Chicken Ole'
- Boil chicken breasts in a pan of water,until done.
- Cut chicken breats into bite size pieces.
- Combine onion,soups,milk & salsa in a bowl.
- Layer in a 13x9x2 baking dish, start with the soup mixture first,then chicken,then tortilla strips and cheese.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
- The red chili salsa does not make this hot. You can also substitute mild,medium or hot regular salsa instead if you want.