Chicken Noodle Soup...Quick and Easy
Seniors Out-n-About". It was a December 2011 issue.
BUT, putting it in my words!!!
Thought to myself, for a quickie this sounds pretty good.
Could easly change it up using turkey, ham...etc.
1 cchopped celery
3 1/2 cchicken broth
1 lbskinned chicken, cubed (i'm thinking cooked although they did not say so)
1 cchopped carrot
2 cuncooked egg noodles
How to Make Chicken Noodle Soup...Quick and Easy
- Melt butter in a large heavy pot, over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots & celery; then sauté for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir in the broth, water, salt and pepper.
- Return to heat, and bring to a full boil.
- Cover; reduce heat and let simmer 5 minutes.
- Add in the noodles and chicken, then bring back to a full boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes...be sure to Enjoy with your favorite crackers or a hot loaf of bread from the oven!!!