Chicken 'N' Rice (Crock Pot) Tex-Mex
It goes together in a jiffy with a package of taco seasoning mix!
- 1 1/2 c
- converted white rice
- 1 - 28 oz
- can diced peeled tomatoes
- 1 - 6 oz
- can tomato paste
- 3 c
- hot water
- ( 1.04-oz) package chicken taco seasoning mix
- skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2 - inch cubes
- 2 medium
- onions, chopped
- green or red bell pepper, chopped , i also added a jumbo jalapeno
- 2 - 4 oz
- can diced green chiles
- 3/4 tsp
- garlic pepper
- salt and pepper
How to Make Chicken 'N' Rice (Crock Pot) Tex-Mex
- 4Stir in the green chiles and garlic pepper and serve at once.
I edited this recipe to include 2 packets of taco seasoning, enchilada sauce, and season to your own preference. I kept tasting as it was cooking, and added Mexican hot chili powder, cumin, and salt. And I cut the rice from 2 cups to 1 1/2 cups..if you like thick, then use 2 cups. The rice will suck up the liquid, so you may want to add chicken broth, more water, enchilada sauce, salsa, or tomato sauce.
After more seasoning, it was delicious!