By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.5 lbitalian sausage, sweet
3 lbchicken pieces with skin and bones removed
·salt and pepper to taste
3 Tbspolive oil
1 cchopped celery
1 cchopped onion
1/2 lbmushrooms, sliced
1/2 cblack olives, sliced
1 Tbspcapers, drained
1/2 cwhite wine
1/4 ctomato sauce
How to Make Chicken Murphy
- Cut sausage into 2 1/2 inch long pieces.
- Cook in a heavy skillet, turning until browned on all sides; remove to dutch oven.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Wipe skillet, heat oil and brown chicken on both sides.
- Add to sausage.
- In saucepan add celery and enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat to simmer for about 5 minutes, until crisp tender.
- Drain, reserving cooking liquid.
- Add onions and mushrooms to the oil remaining in the chicken skillet.
- Cook, stirring until wilted, add the anchovies, olives and capers.
- Add drained celery.
- Stir to combine.
- Add the wine and tomato sauce and simmer 10 minutes; pour sauce over the chicken and sausage in dutch oven.
- Add salt and pepper, cover and simmer 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- If chicken begins to dry, add a little of the celery liquid and a bit more tomato sauce.