★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbboneless chicken breast cooked
1 lb(16 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
1 can(s)(10 oz) tomato soup
1 1/2 pkg(or 1 tbl) unflavored gelatin
1/2 ccold water
1 cmayonnaise or salad dressing, whichever is preferred
1/2 cfinely chopped celery
1/2 cfinely chopped green onions (white & green parts)
·crackers, or brushetta style bread to serve the mousse with.
How to Make Chicken Mousse
- First cook chicken in a pot of salted water or use a chicken bouillon cube. Then purree the chicken or finely dice it.
- Melt together cream cheese and tomato soup, whipping with a fork or whisk.
- Just cool.
- Mix together unflavored gelatine and cold water; mix into mayonnaise.
- Using an electric mixer or processor, mix until smooth.
- Stir in cooked shredded chicken, chopped celery, and chopped green onions.
- Lightly oil a mold; pour mousse mixture in.
- Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours. Then unmold, using a hot, damp cloth around the mold. This makes it easier to come out whole.
- This recipe can be adapted to shrimp. You can use 1 can of tiny shrimps instead of chicken.
As for the mold it can be metal or silicone. Just use one greased or stick free 6 cup mold.
- Place the molded mousse out with crackers or brushetta style bread.