4chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1 can(s)green chilies, chopped
1 smallonion, chopped
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
1 chalf and half or milk
8 ozsharp cheddar shredded or mexican style already shredded
6corn tortillas, quartered (butter one side of 3 tortillas before quartering))
How to Make Chicken Mexicala
- Cook chicken breasts and cut up into small cubes and put into a medium size bowl. Salt and pepper lightly.
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cover bottom of dish with buttered tortilla quarters, buttered side down. (For less calories you may omit the tortillas)
- Mix together diced onion and green chilies. Either saute in a small amount of butter until clear and onion is tender or for less calories use no butter and microwave until onion is tender. Add this to the chicken and toss.
- Add mushroom soup and milk. Mix together.
- Put half of the chicken mixture over tortillas, sprinkle with cheese, add another layer of tortillas, meat mixture and top with shredded cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.