- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 can(s)
- green chilies, chopped
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c
- half and half or milk
- 8 oz
- sharp cheddar shredded or mexican style already shredded
- corn tortillas, quartered (butter one side of 3 tortillas before quartering))
How to Make Chicken Mexicala
- 1Cook chicken breasts and cut up into small cubes and put into a medium size bowl. Salt and pepper lightly.
- 2Preheat oven to 350. Spray casserole dish with cooking spray.
- 3Cover bottom of dish with buttered tortilla quarters, buttered side down. (For less calories you may omit the tortillas)
- 4Mix together diced onion and green chilies. Either saute in a small amount of butter until clear and onion is tender or for less calories use no butter and microwave until onion is tender. Add this to the chicken and toss.
- 5Add mushroom soup and milk. Mix together.
- 6Put half of the chicken mixture over tortillas, sprinkle with cheese, add another layer of tortillas, meat mixture and top with shredded cheese. Cover with foil.
- 7Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.