By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.5 cfresh mushrooms, sliced
2 Tbspshredded carrots
2 Tbspsliced green onions
2 Tbspfinely chopped celery
2.5 tsplemon juice
1/4 tspdried thyme, crushed
1tomato, peeled and chopped
4chicken breasts, halved, boneless and skinless
1/2 tspinstant chicken bouillon
1/4 cskim milk
How to Make Chicken Medallions
- For filling, in a medium saucepan cook mushrooms, carrots, onions and celery, in a small amount of boiling water about 5 minutes or until tender. (Keep pan covered.) Drain.
- Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoon of the lemon juice, half of the thyme, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Stir in tomato.
- Place 1 chicken breast half, boned side up, between 2 sheets of plastic wrap.
- Pound with a meat mallet until 1/8" thick.
- Repeat with all chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/8 teaspoon salt and dash pepper.
- Spoon 1/4 of the filling onto each chicken piece.
- Fold in the sides; roll up.
- Secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Spray a medium skillet with nonstick coating.
- Brown chicken over medium heat 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add remaining lemon juice and remaining thyme, bouillon granules, and 1/2 cup water.
- Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken.
- Combine cornstarch and milk.
- Add to skillet.
- Cook and stir until bubbly; cook 2 minutes more.
- Remove toothpicks.
- Cut chicken into 1/2" slices; arrange on top of sauce.