★★★★★ 1 vote5
- boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3/8 tsp
- salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, divided
- 1/2 lb
- baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 clove
- 1 c
- marsala wine
- 2/3 c
- heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c
- gorgonzola cheese, crumbled, divided
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh parsley, minced
How to Make Chicken Marsala with Gorgonzola
- 1Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. In a skillet, cook chicken in 2 tbsp oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170. Remove and keep warm.
- 2In the same skillet, saute mushroooms in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 3Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by a third.
- 4Stir in cream and remaining salt. Return to a boil; cook until slightly thickened.
- 5Return chicken to pan; add 1/3 c cheese. Cook until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; garnish with parsley.