Chicken Marsala: Hungry Girl Style
3 Tbspbutter; i use i can't believe it's not butter
1 1/2 cchicken broth, low sodium, low fat
3/4 cmarsala wine
2 clovegarlic, grated
3 cmushrooms, fresh, sliced
3 largeraw chicken breast, boneless and skinless
3/4 tspeach salt and black pepper
3/4 tspbasil, dried
How to Make Chicken Marsala: Hungry Girl Style
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter for 30 seconds, or until melted.
- In a medium bowl, whisk melted butter, broth, wine, garlic and cornstarch until cornstarch has dissolved.
- Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray to medium-high heat. Cook and stir mushrooms until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
While the mushrooms are cooking take one chicken breast and cut into two different pieces. Turn the breast over and, with the edge of a knife parallel to the cutting board, begin cutting down the length of the side of the breast. Carefully slice the breast in half widthwise to the other edge making two pieces.
Continue the same process with the other two breasts.
- Move mushrooms to the sides of the skillet. Season chicken with salt, pepper, basil and lay in the center of the skillet.
Cook for 4 minutes, stirring mushrooms occasionally.
- Flip chicken and cook long enough to brown the second side, about 4 minutes.
Give broth mixture a stir and add to the skillet. Stirring mushrooms occasionally, cook until sauce has thickened and chicken is cooked through.
5 Points per chicken breast, ENJOY!