- green bell pepper
- large carrot
- med. zucchini
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless,pounded to 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 tsp
- dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 14(oz)can stewed italian tomatoes
- 1/2 c
- sliced black olives
- med. mushrooms sliced
How to Make Chicken Marinara
- 1Make ahead of time..sliced bell peppers,zucchini,and carrot 1 day ahead..To store,wrap in damp paper towels,place in plastic bag and refridgerate..
- 2Heat a L. skillet over med. heat.Add oil;cook chicken until lightly browned,about 3 minutes per side.Sprinkle with oregano,salt and pepper.
- 3Remove chicken from skillet.Add tomatoes,olives,mushrooms,bell pepper,carrot and zucchini to skillet.Cook covered for 3-4 minutes.
- 4Return chicken to skillet;increase heat to med-high.Cook uncovered,for about 5 minutes or until sauce is lightly thickened and chicken and vegetables are tender.