★★★★★ 1 vote5
- slices bacon cut in 1 inch pieces
- cut up chickens
- 1/2 c
- 2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- ground red pepper
- medium size onions chopped
- clove garlic minced
- 16 oz. cans tomatos
- 1/4 c
- chopped parsley
- small can mushrooms
How to Make Chicken Marengo
- 1Fry bacon until almost crisp in large frying pan. Drain on paper towels. Set aside. Leave drippings in pan.
- 2Wash and dry chicken pieces well. Shake chicken in mixture of flour, salt and pepper. Save any leftover flour mixture.
- 3Brown chicken pieces a few at a time in bacon drippings place in 12-cup shallow baking dish
- 4Saute onion and garlic till soft in same frying pan. Stir in saved flour mixture. Stir in tomatoes, mushrooms,and parsley. Heat to boiling stirring constantly.
- 5Spoon over chicken in baking dish, cover.
- 6Bake in moderate oven (350) 1 hour and 20 minutes till chicken is tender. Uncover and sprinkle with bacon pieces
- 7Wait 10 minutes and serve.