★★★★★ 1 vote5
6slices bacon cut in 1 inch pieces
2cut up chickens
1/4 tspground red pepper
2medium size onions chopped
1clove garlic minced
216 oz. cans tomatos
1/4 cchopped parsley
1small can mushrooms
How to Make Chicken Marengo
- Fry bacon until almost crisp in large frying pan. Drain on paper towels. Set aside. Leave drippings in pan.
- Wash and dry chicken pieces well. Shake chicken in mixture of flour, salt and pepper. Save any leftover flour mixture.
- Brown chicken pieces a few at a time in bacon drippings place in 12-cup shallow baking dish
- Saute onion and garlic till soft in same frying pan. Stir in saved flour mixture. Stir in tomatoes, mushrooms,and parsley. Heat to boiling stirring constantly.
- Spoon over chicken in baking dish, cover.
- Bake in moderate oven (350) 1 hour and 20 minutes till chicken is tender. Uncover and sprinkle with bacon pieces
- Wait 10 minutes and serve.