Chicken Long Rice
Jo Anne Sugimoto
5 lbchicken thighs, boneless, skinless, cut into bite size pieces
1 can(s)32 oz. chicken broth
14 inch piece of ginger root. julienned
1/2 csoy sauce
21 ozlong rice, chinese mung bean noodles, thery're dried and needs to be soaked for 15 minutes in cold water
3stalks green onions, for garnish
How to Make Chicken Long Rice
- Clean your chicken pieces and put them into a large pot with the water and the chicken broth along with the ginger slices and bring to a rolling boil.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and add the soy sauce, sugar and pepper. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Turn the down to low and add in the long rice. Cover and let cook on low heat for 30 minutes.
- If the noodles soaks up the broth you can add a little more chicken broth.
- Serve hot over rice, or with "poi" taro, and garnish with chopped green onions.