CHICKEN LONG RICE
Jo Anne Sugimoto
- 5 lb
- chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 c
- 1 can(s)
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 4 inch piece of ginger root. julienned
- 1/2 c
- soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 21 oz
- long rice, chinese mung bean noodles, thery're dried and needs to be soaked for 15 minutes in cold water
- stalks green onions, for garnish
How to Make CHICKEN LONG RICE
- 1Clean your chicken pieces and put them into a large pot with the water and the chicken broth along with the ginger slices and bring to a rolling boil.
- 2Lower the heat to a simmer and add the soy sauce, sugar and pepper. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- 3Turn the down to low and add in the long rice. Cover and let cook on low heat for 30 minutes.
- 4If the noodles soaks up the broth you can add a little more chicken broth.
- 5Serve hot over rice, or with "poi" taro, and garnish with chopped green onions.