Chicken Long Rice
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 1/2 - 3 lbchicken pieces
1 1/2 Tbspginger, peeled and crushed
1 largeonion, finely chopped
5chicken bullion cubes (or equiv. granules)
8 ozlong rice (bean thread noodles
3green onions, sliced
How to Make Chicken Long Rice
- Soak bean thread noodles /long rice in water to soften. Use kitchen shears to cut the threads into approximately 3-4 inch pieces.
- Put chicken into a large pot. Add two quarts of the water, the salt and ginger. Bring to a boil, skim the foam off, lower heat, and simmer for about 40 minutes to an hour or until meat falls away from the bones. Remove from heat and drain, saving broth. Remove meat from chicken, discarding bones and skin. Shred meat and set aside.
- Put broth, onion, bouillon cubes and the remaining one quart water into saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Add shredded chicken and soaked long rice, then lower heat and cook, until about half the broth has been absorbed by the long rice.
- Sprinkle with green onions before serving.