★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 5 slice
- bacon, raw
- 1.5 lb
- chicken livers
- 1 tsp
- 1/3 tsp
- 2.5 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- onion, finely chopped
- 21 oz
- canned chicken giblet gravy
- 4 oz
- sliced mushrooms, canned
How to Make Chicken Livers and Mushrooms
- 1Place 5 slices of bacon in a 10-inch, heat-resistant, non-metallic skillet.
- 2Cover with a paper towel and heat in microwave oven 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- 3Remove bacon and set aside.
- 4In a plastic bag combine flour, salt and pepper.
- 5Coat chicken livers with seasoned flour and place in hot bacon fat and add minced onion.
- 6Heat, uncovered, in microwave for 4 minutes.
- 7Turn chicken livers over and heat an additional 4 minutes or until chicken livers are browned.
- 8Add the canned chicken giblet gravy and heat, covered, in microwave oven 6 minutes.
- 9Add mushrooms, stir and heat an additional 1 to 1 1/2 minutes in microwave.
- 10Microwave Oven Tip: If chicken livers begin to pop, pierce them with the tines of a fork before continuing to cook.
- 11The popping is just the steam escaping through the thin membrane surrounding the livers.