★★★★★ 1 vote5
5 slicebacon, raw
1.5 lbchicken livers
1/4 conion, finely chopped
21 ozcanned chicken giblet gravy
4 ozsliced mushrooms, canned
How to Make Chicken Livers and Mushrooms
- Place 5 slices of bacon in a 10-inch, heat-resistant, non-metallic skillet.
- Cover with a paper towel and heat in microwave oven 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Remove bacon and set aside.
- In a plastic bag combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Coat chicken livers with seasoned flour and place in hot bacon fat and add minced onion.
- Heat, uncovered, in microwave for 4 minutes.
- Turn chicken livers over and heat an additional 4 minutes or until chicken livers are browned.
- Add the canned chicken giblet gravy and heat, covered, in microwave oven 6 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, stir and heat an additional 1 to 1 1/2 minutes in microwave.
- Microwave Oven Tip: If chicken livers begin to pop, pierce them with the tines of a fork before continuing to cook.
- The popping is just the steam escaping through the thin membrane surrounding the livers.